December 21st, 2012
There are a number of supplies you will need to have on-hand after your rhinoplasty procedure. You probably won’t feel like doing a lot of shopping in the days following your surgery, so it’s a good idea to get this out of the way beforehand.
Here are some of the most important supplies to pick up before your rhinoplasty procedure:
- Frozen peas (to ice the swollen areas surrounding your nose)
- Q-tips and peroxide (to clean the inside of your nose)
- Gauze pads (to soak up blood if it leaks from the nose)
- Bacitracin (or other antibiotic ointment)
You might consider picking up these items as well:
- Disposable face wipes (since you won’t be able to wash your face)
- Lip balm
- Laxative (you’ll need help with digestion)
- Stool softener
- Arnica Montana (to reduce swelling)
- Bendable straws
Also, if your surgeon inserts a breathing tube in your throat during your rhinoplasty procedure, you may experience soreness afterward. So it may be a good idea to pick up some ice cream, frozen yogurt and or jello for the days immediately following your surgery.
Finally, you’re going to spend a lot of time lying around after your rhinoplasty, so make sure to have some entertainment lined up. If you’ve been thinking about buying an iPad or other tablet, now might be the right time. If that’s not your style, there’s nothing wrong with a good book or stack of magazines.
Talk to your facial plastic surgeon for additional tips on how to prepare for your recovery from rhinoplasty.